Friday, November 30, 2007

Announcing the "Best of 2007" Event

BestOf2007

The end of the year compels a lot of people to take stock of the past 12 months. To think of the highs and the lows and the moments that will go down in their life history as THE moments that defined the year. It compels people to start making lists, and all kinds of year in review lists will appear in the media- best books, best movies, most news-worthy moments, sports records that were broken...the list goes on and on!

My blogging style is more of a write-it-and-forget-it (I almost never to go back and read my own posts) and I thought that December might be a nice time to go back and browse my archives and see what my own favorite recipes and posts of the year have been. Then I thought- wait, I want to know the "Year's Favorites" of other blogs too! There are so many excellent food blogs around, and it can be quite challenging to keep track of all the exciting stuff that goes on. A Best of 2007 post be simply be a great way to see the blogger's favorite food moments of the year: what recipes were the most challenging? What new recipes made it to the regular dinner rotation? What dishes will still be remembered in 2017? What are your plans for the coming year? It will be a behind-the-scenes look into the blog.

And so, dear fellow bloggers, I cordially invite you to participate in this one-off, low-maintenance (no cooking/photo/recipe required!) food blog event. Browse through your archives, think of the year that just flew by and write your own Best of 2007 post highlighting the very best that your blog had to offer this year. You can write about anything you like- these are just some thoughts to get you started.

  1. Top 5 recipes of the year/Top 10 recipes of the year

  2. Best dish from each month

  3. Top 10 list of recipes made from other bloggers

  4. Best meal(s) of 2007

  5. Favorite new techniques/ingredients/gadgets/websites/restaurants discovered in 2007

  6. Best posts (in terms of writing)/ favorite food photographs of the year

  7. "Cooking resolutions" for 2008- what is next for you and your blog? Give us a sneak peek!

I will post the round-up on January 1, 2008- to celebrate a brand new year of food blogging!

Guidelines
1. Write your post by 30th December 2007. Feel free to use either of the two logos.
2. In your post, include a link to this announcement.
3. E-mail me the link to your post (my e-mail address is in my profile) with the subject line "Best of 2007".
4. If I don't reply to your mail within 2 days, leave me a comment so I can go hunt down your entry!

What do you think of this event? Would it be fun to participate? Would it be fun to read the entries? Feedback, comments and questions are always welcome! Have a good weekend, everyone.

BestOf

43 comments:

  1. that is a great idea nupur...we are forver looking around at other blogs..but we fail to appreciate our one..this will give us some time for introspection

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..just like you to come out with something like this...great idea..will be fun reading back on our own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dear Nupur, You could not have said it better. 2007 has been quite a pleasant year for me and it is definitely worth sharing with all my bloggo-buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea Nupur. I love flicking through my old archives and also enjoy doing the same on my fave blogs too - so this would be a great way to see the "old" recipes and best ofs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nupur!! Amazing idea and what a way to peek into months that passed by and I for one had an amazing year and what a way to share!!! Can't wait to be a part if it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thought Nupur.. Will take part though i just started blogging 2 months back.. hope its ok:-)Liked both Logos.. looks real nice with a wine glass on the side, hey! wheres the champange?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great idea Nupur ! I sometimes read through my archives and laugh at my own posts :)) This event will surely be fun and a way to recap all that I have cooked and see if I've forgotten one of my better recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good idea nupur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, looking forward to this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fantastic idea Nupur. I started blogging in 2007 and before I realized, the year is getting to an end..Will definitely participate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nupur, I'm nearing one year of blogging(on Monday) and it has been a great year indeed...sounds like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in, I am in, I am in!!
    I was actually planning to do something of the same sort (though my ideas were nowhere near as creative as yours!!) but its so much more fun to make it a collective event. Way to go N!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nupur, Great idea, it almost seems like looking at an old ablum just to realize how much we have changed over a period of time.
    Will join the fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fantabulous idea, Nupur! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grand idea, Nupur! Am off to ruminate on how to wax eloquent about myself and my blog, or should that be my blog and myself, or my blog and my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  16. great idea Nupur... I don't do that enough and it will be a great chance to take stock :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This makes Great sense!!Brilliant too..sort of self evaluation and a great chance to improve our blogs as well!..:)..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is truly a great idea Nupur, and you might not beleive it, but I was thinking about exactly the same thing 2 days ago!!! I even discussed it with my husband that maybe I should organize something like this, because we hardly have time to reflect on the past as we keep runnning into the future:) Thanks so much for coming out with this:) I'm TOTALLY in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful idea. Heres to being a more reflective blogger :-)

    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the idea of doing this! Browsing archives of food blogs is one of my fave pastimes anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a lovely idea and an equally cute logo :)
    that will be SOME collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic idea Nupur! Who but you can come up with ideas like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

    Thats such an awesome idea of urs Nupur - to look back and relish those moments spent on writing our posts, reading comments... feels so nostalgic though I started blogging just couple of months ago! I am totally in and am sure it wud be fun to read everybody's posts in RoundUp!

    ~ Siri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a fun idea, Nupur! You always have the most innovative ideas for events :).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Nupur!!!!1
    This is great! Going back will bring the fun surely!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea this is! I am one who never looked back at my archieve. I will try to participate. :)
    Oh, and thanks for the comment you left on my blog. It's nice to know another St Louis blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for the enthusiastic response, everyone! I am looking forward to all the entries :)

    Seema, you may be blogging for just a couple of months, but already you have such a delicious collection on your blog, so go right ahead and play along!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So it is ok to brag about ones own recipe :D I like that

    You do have neat ideas Nupur.

    I am in, it is a whole lot of less work and makes a post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am sooo participating, great idea Nupur!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this idea Nupur. Haven't been able to Blog or even browse other blogs but will surely try and do this post!thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Nupur,
    Am just a few months old...maybe too new to wax eloquent? Or maybe not!! OK...hopefully I'll be onboard too! I love the idea.
    Deeba

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are always full of good ideas. I've bookmarked the page so that I remember to participte. I'm excited to see the grand reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a great idea Nupur! I'll be writing a post! And I love your cute little logo! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nupur,

    Khub chang ahe! Excellent idea and forces me to think back on all wonderful food I ate and attempted making this past year. MMMMM foooood!
    I am newbie to the foodie world and in my kitchen as well...so I am now trying to join in all the foodie fun. :o)

    AnuZi

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Nupur, this is a lovely idea. I had come across another "Best of 2007" event and was almost gonna skip your post thinking it was the same, but I didn't and good, because its not the same.

    Here is the other event:
    http://best-of-2007.blogspot.com/2007/12/best-of-2007.html

    I better get working on both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nupur, this is a great idea, and I do hope you'll make it an annual feature. I just started blogging so don't feel ready to participate just yet, but would love to next year-- it'll give me something to look forward to!
    Vaishali

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi!
    I thought this was a great idea and did my post. I emailed you but haven't heard back, so I'm following instructions and leaving you a comment.
    Looking forward to seeing all of the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  38. hi nupur, i have emailed you my entry! thanks for the wonderful event

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi nupur I am trying to send an email to u but not able to open your email id

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Nupur, I just emailed you my entry...just let me know when you get it! thnks:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi there Nupur...huff,puff! Finally got to sending you an entry. Did it under pressure, my fault entirely...hmmmmmmmmm! Hope you got it. This was a GREAT idea. Have a lovely 2008. Cheers deeba

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment- I try to respond to every single one.