Today I decided to make Banana Pecan Walnut Pancakes, all the better to use up a banana which was slowly turning to syrup in my fruit bowl.
HANDY TIP: Pancakes, muffins and smoothies are a great way to use up bananas that look too ripe to be eaten. In case you are pressed for time, an over-ripe banana can be easily peeled and frozen till you get around to using it. In short, there is no excuse for throwing bananas in the trash.
Banana Pecan Walnut Pancakes
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl:
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- some chopped walnuts and pecans
- dash of cinnamon or allspice
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup soymilk/milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup.
4. Make pancakes in a non-stick pan. They cook very quickly.
Top with applesauce and enjoy your Saturday breakfast!